Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Hambungler


Chip has been helping out a lot lately by planning our meals throughout the week, many of which have been cooked on his fabulous new 6-burner grill that Mommy got him for Christmas. :D  Anyway, he grilled us up some delicious burgers on Monday and we ended up having four burgers left...plenty for leftovers for the next night's dinner!  YUM! 

By the time work ended on Tuesday, I was starving and so thankful we had the hamburgers already prepared.  Chip had a late lunch so he wasn't hungry when I got home, but I couldn't wait on him and dove right into preparing my burger feast.  I laid out my hamburger bun, put on a slice of cheese, laid on my slice of tomato, topped that with some lettuce and, while my burger was warming up in the microwave, I fried up an egg to top off my burger fixings in awesome Red Robin style.  I closed my bun up and sat down with Chip to watch our recorded shows and eat my yummy dinner. 

Later in the evening, Chip went to warm his hamburger and opened the microwave and found a plate in there covered with a paper towel.  He looked at me and said, "Hey baby...what's this?"  I lifted up the paper towel to find.....my hamburger.  I immediately started laughing so hard that I couldn't get any words out.  When I finally got air and answered him with "....(gasp)...my...burger!" and continued laughing until I thought I was going to pass out from lack of oxygen.  Somehow - and I don't have any idea how - I never noticed that my yummy burger had no hamburger on it!  I basically ate a glorified egg sandwich for dinner rather than a hamburger.  Too funny!  This is just another one of those special Leesie moments for the remembrance book. 

Yes, my husband is a lucky man.  Very lucky indeed.  LOL!

1 comment: